Pursuing Armstrong’s Mission Statement requires that we act as “passionate team members working together to deliver excellence in… safety.”
The success of Armstrong’s approach to safety is evidenced by our uninterrupted coverage by a single insurance carrier since 1957. In addition to our in-house Safety Department, we have an Agency Safety Representative at each agency who reports directly to his/her agency President. The six-component Safety Management Cycle of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration provides the framework for continuous improvement.
Our Agency Safety Representatives prepare and execute an annual Safety Action Plan. This plan is used to document satisfaction of and continuous improvement in key safety performance metrics. Metrics are derived from Department of Transportation and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulations, van line mandates, and our own procedures, controls and policies. Maintaining a lower-than-industry Experience Modification Rate is a key result.
Agency Safety Representatives earn certification through participation in a Safety Planning Workshop and successful completion of six online courses. Certification modules include driver qualifications, vehicle inspections, pre-trip checklists, maintenance logs, hours of service compliance and overall Safety Performance Rating. Armstrong’s Safety Department, our insurer, outside consultants and UniGroup’s Safety Department conduct training and coaching.
We provide safety training meeting curriculum to our Agency Safety Representatives for weekly use with operations personnel. Additionally, they conduct recurring driver review sessions and perform frequent site visit audits on jobs-in-process.
- "Armstrong Relocation did not just send us four guys and two trucks; we were the recipients of a team of experienced men who went about their work efficiently, showing extreme concern for the care of our possessions, and even going so far as to concern themselves with my personal health. They were professional, polite, humorous, efficient, fun, and a general pleasure to spend a day with while also getting the job done in the prescribed manner and within the estimated time frame. Thanks again for every courtesy shown us. While we anticipate this will be our last move, with lots of kids, friends, and associates, the name of Armstrong Relocation will be mentioned many times."
R.F., October 2015
- "This was an excellent crew. The driver was exceptional and the crew worked hard and efficiently. The two ladies who did our packing were a delight to work with. They had a sense of humor and were very efficient and careful with our belongings."
J.B., July 2015
- "Mike was the loader/driver/team manager of the crew that moved us from South Carolina to Tennessee. He was outstanding in every way...very professional, punctual and helpful. We can't say enough on his behalf!"
M.C., June 2015
- "The driver and moving crew were exceptional. They took extra care to protect all hardwoods and our porch. All of the furniture was blanketed and secured for the move."
M.S., June 2015
- "Our driver and crew were excellent. I would trust them with my household any day! They were extremely careful during a stressful time and it was the best move we could have asked for!"
J.C., August 2015