Armstrong seeks to respect and reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate and the marketplace we serve.
Armstrong’s team of 900+ is diverse in every way. For example, in 1985, we advanced the van operator as owner-operator model. We provided financing for drivers to purchase tractors and straight trucks, equipping them to operate as independent business owners. This model has continued to propagate to the point where today, 63% of our drivers are ethnic minorities who are owner-operators.
Additionally, under the leadership of Jenny Johnson, CEO of Armstrong Relocation – Huntsville, we have earned certification from the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) as a woman-owned and -managed enterprise.
As a result of these efforts, Armstrong is able to provide clients with both Tier I and Tier II diversity spend capture opportunities.
We challenge our supply chain network to act in a socially-responsible manner, primarily exemplified in diversity and environmental sustainability actions in keeping with Armstrong’s goals and initiatives.
These suppliers provide additional opportunities for Tier II diversity spend capture.
Our philanthropic activities are designed to enrich the communities in which we operate. Many of these purposeful investments of human and fiscal resources impact minorities within our local markets. While some of these investments are long standing, our agencies select an appropriate enrichment activity of their own choosing for particular emphasis each calendar year.
- "Armstrong Relocation did not just send us four guys and two trucks; we were the recipients of a team of experienced men who went about their work efficiently, showing extreme concern for the care of our possessions, and even going so far as to concern themselves with my personal health. They were professional, polite, humorous, efficient, fun, and a general pleasure to spend a day with while also getting the job done in the prescribed manner and within the estimated time frame. Thanks again for every courtesy shown us. While we anticipate this will be our last move, with lots of kids, friends, and associates, the name of Armstrong Relocation will be mentioned many times."
R.F., October 2015
- "This was an excellent crew. The driver was exceptional and the crew worked hard and efficiently. The two ladies who did our packing were a delight to work with. They had a sense of humor and were very efficient and careful with our belongings."
J.B., July 2015
- "Mike was the loader/driver/team manager of the crew that moved us from South Carolina to Tennessee. He was outstanding in every way...very professional, punctual and helpful. We can't say enough on his behalf!"
M.C., June 2015
- "The driver and moving crew were exceptional. They took extra care to protect all hardwoods and our porch. All of the furniture was blanketed and secured for the move."
M.S., June 2015
- "Our driver and crew were excellent. I would trust them with my household any day! They were extremely careful during a stressful time and it was the best move we could have asked for!"
J.C., August 2015