We are living in an ever-changing world where clean, healthy workspaces and social-distancing are more important than ever. In the coming weeks and months more and more employees will be returning to their normal office work schedules and, while much of life will go back to normal, there are many expected changes in common offices.
As industry-leading experts in relocation with decades of experience helping companies large and small get back to work faster, Armstrong can help you navigate the back-to-work effort. We’ve compiled a list of recommended practices in the workplace to help keep you healthy and stress-free as you get back to work. Returning to your office should be a safe, efficient and organized transition. We can help!
Cleaning the workspace
Before employees return to offices that have been vacated for a significant period of time, building owners and managers should complete a variety of pre-return assessments to ensure a healthy and safe environment.
- Hire a reputable company to sanitize your entire workspace. Armstrong Relocation offers multiple options for various industries heading back to work across the country:
▪ Site and equipment cleaning and sanitization
▪ Elevator and escalator sanitization
▪ FF&E equipment sanitization and installationHaving a professional team handle your office cleaning thoroughly before your team enters the office again will give everyone peace of mind that they’re working in a healthy environment.
- Keep an inventory of commonly used cleaning chemicals and materials to ensure that they are always available. Having the right equipment on hand for your team is crucial when asking them to keep their individual spaces clean.
- Determine areas that require thorough cleaning often, due to heavy usage, such as restrooms, supply cabinets and entry keypads.
- Prior to initiating cleaning tasks, ensure all staff wash their hands thoroughly and follow Health, Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE) requirements to put on their PPE. It’s also helpful to set up poster reminders in all common areas to remind employees.
Working from 6 feet
Workspace distancing is just one of many adjustments companies are being asked to make. Social distancing should become a part of every office’s normal standards. Armstrong is equipped with several services to help companies rework office spaces to follow Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations:
- Six feet routing and workstation set up
- Social distance site planning
- Work-from-home and home-to-work equipment transportation and set up
- IT disconnect/reconnect services
- Packing and unpacking services
Getting ready for clients and customers
While many teams will continue to opt for video conferences in place of office meetings, for those in-person exceptions there are some ways you can meet your client expectations while keeping everyone safe:
- Stagger meetings: If you know that more than one client will need to meet with your team in person, try to schedule them a full day apart. If this is not possible, stagger meetings by one hour to fully sanitize your meeting space before inviting the next team in.
- Have your office staged in such a way that you can be properly distanced: Armstrong’s social distance site planning, including six feet routing, services will stage your space with seating and equipment spaced in accordance with CDC official recommendations.
In unprecedented times you need a team that knows how to help yours get back to work quickly, safely and stress-free. Armstrong has the tools and resources to do exactly that. With 30 locations across the country staffed with highly-trained, background-checked and PPE-equipped relocation professionals, we’re ready to get you back to work. With current high-quality services like virtual site surveying and social distancing protocols, we’re confident that we’re the best resource for your corporate social distancing workspace needs.
Contact Armstrong – Nashville today at 615.793.9333 to learn more about our workplace preparedness services.
▪ Virtual site surveying and inspection
▪ Background-checked, highly-trained drivers and crews
▪ PPE-equipped service teams
▪ On-site handwashing and social distancing protocols
▪ Safe PPE disposal HIGH-QUALITY SERVICES
▪ Providing customer solutions since 1922
▪ 30 coast-to-coast locations
▪ Over 2.9 million sq. ft. of nationwide warehouse space
▪ Largest, asset-based commercial services provider in the U.S.
▪ United Van Lines’ largest hauler since 1984